Friday, October 23, 2009

I love...

I love learning...

...pretty much sums up why I chose to become a teacher. I love learning so much that I want it to become contagious to my students. I love learning so much that most days, my brain hurts from information overload. Twitter and Blogs are my continuous professional development--preparing me and challenging me in unimaginable ways.

I love people...

...whether or not you choose to believe it, we are miraculously created beings with the infinite potential and ability. It's fascinating to see how people who have suffered incredible heard ships survive, heal, and forgive through the grace of God.

I love God...

...I've always had faith in a higher power-- there has to be a reason for all the heart ache, anger, frustration and exhaustion-- but I have been a backseat Christian for the past eight years or so. Now, I am making conscious efforts to redefine my notion of faith and religion through experiencing God's goodness through study and service. I'm looking to my mom on this one-- for one last time to hold my hand and guide me along my path until I'm mature enough to walk on my own.

This was not intended to be a deep and spiritual post but actually an affirmation of my Twitter affection... but this is what the fingers typed.

Look forward to seeing most of you this weekend. I'm accompanying my mother to a spiritual growth conference tomorrow in Topeka hosted by the United Methodist Women. I'm honestly looking forward to it.... to "recharge" my batteries as Rev. Hamilton said this past Sunday.

Next post will be more lighthearted. I'm going to test some of those recipes on Kevin and Amanda's blog. I'll let you know how they go! Up for this week: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas, Colorful Chicken Alfredo and Chicken Cordon Bleu. (Can't you tell I have some chicken to get rid of?)

No comments:

Post a Comment