Monday, October 19, 2009

Andrew Thomas

It's inevitable that sometime in our lives, girls go through the baby craze. You know, where you watch hours, upon hours of Birthday Story, Baby Story or other glorious odes to infants on TLC.

Well, the baby craze has hit me hard... and no, I am not pregnant, nor do I anticipate becoming pregnant in the near future.

Fortunately, my older sister gets to enjoy all the blessings of pregnancy and I get to experience it vicariously... without any of the side effects. My family is expecting a miracle named Andrew Thomas sometime around Christmas/New Years. And...

I AM BEYOND EXCITED!!!

For those of you who don't know, I currently have 9 nieces and nephews who are more like brothers and sisters. Not only was I almost 6 years old when my lovely nieces and nephews arrived in my life, but I also had the unique privilege of living with 6 of the 9. My parents house was beyond the definition of bonkers when all of us were home... and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

But with Andrew, I won't be six years old when he's born... I'll be 23. I will actually be Aunt Cassie to this little angel and I will get to enjoy and savor his childhood as I am no longer a child myself.

In preparation, I've already requested days off work (two months in advance) and have stalked potential birthday presents. Rather than spending my precious procrastinating moments on Facebook, I check out Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Walmart for the cutest baby toys, clothes and accessories. And I think I've found the one. It's a cute little stuffed snowman whose t-shirt says, "Andrew, I love you SNOW much!" How precious is that?

Who could ask for a better Christmas present than for God to bring a new life into the world and bless our family? Nope, can't think of a better one :)

1 comment:

  1. AH! At first all I read was "baby craze" and I flipped out!! Momentary heart attack haha then I realized it wasn't yours :)
    That is so awesome! And to think he'll come around the holiday season that will be great. He is lucky to have such a loving caring Auntie as you!!

    ReplyDelete