Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Alfredo Sauce

The Colorful Chicken Alfredo from Kevin and Amanda's blog was absolutely delicious! (See button on right hand side to access their recipes). The only thing that didn't work out so well was the sauce. Unfortunately, I didn't have any fresh parmigiana cheese, so the sauce never thickened up. BUT it tasted glorious!

Will definitely be cooking that one again... with real cheese. And if it still doesn't thicken up, then I'll try my hand at a rue.

The one thing I LOVE about her site is that it shows pictures of her preparing the meal. I even learned how to properly julienne a pepper :) Also, this recipe had you make chicken broth and called for extra peppers than needed... but have no fear, she talks about how she saves her food for other recipes. :) Our foodsaver is, literally, a life saver (and money saver).

Next week, Chicken Cordon Bleu with Roasted Carrots and Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas. This weekend cooking my absolutely fantastic Taco Soup for the fam-damly and then trying out a chocolate peanut butter cake.

Let you know how those go!

No comments:

Post a Comment