Thursday, May 13, 2010

Graduation Celebration and More Recipes

I've been officially done with classes for two days and have not accomplished a single thing on my to-do list; and I must admit, it's been glorious.  Therefore, today will be particularly packed.  After I dry and attempt to curl my hair, I plan on using up one of my seven remaining tanning sessions (I know it's bad for you... but I bought 13 in the fall and they've lasted me all year... that shows you how often I go).  Then, I have a monster shopping list to tackle for this weekend and I hope to pack up at least our office. 

I've thoroughly enjoyed having the time to bake and cook this week so stay tuned for more desserts today: strawberry cobbler and chewy chocolate-chip cookie bars.  Then for Saturday's Commencement festivities, I'm planning:

Breakfast: Strawberry and cream-cheese stuffed french toast.

Linner (combination of lunch and dinner): Amazingly drunk BBQ pulled pork with my homemade BBQ sauce, pineapple coleslaw (YUM!), kick-your-pants cheese-dip, potato salad and probably some form of asparagus.  Usually I saute asparagus in a pan with some EVOO, sprinkled with Greek seasoning and drizzled with fresh lemon juice... and it's incredible.  But for some reason, I don't think that flavor combination will bode well with BBQ.  Hence, I'm considering roasting the asparagus with some bacon, onions and maybe mushrooms... we'll see.

A week from today, Chad and I will be officially Wichitonians :) And to sweeten the deal, I found out that one of my sorority sisters lives in the same apartment complex!


Alright, ta-ta for now.  Look for an update later for the two desserts and then probably Monday-ish for the graduation meal recipes and pictures.

1 comment:

  1. hey there friend! thanks for poppin in on my blog, always nice to know people are reading! :) my interview went very well, it's just not the place for me i decided. i'm not at the point of giving in for a job that doesn't feel right so we'll see. getting ready for the big move?!

    ReplyDelete