Saturday, May 1, 2010

Drumroll please...

I. GOT. A. JOB!!!!!!!


If you've been reading my blog lately, you know I've been stressing out about not being able to find a job in Wichita for next year.  I considered nursing school, becoming a real estate agent... you name it.  Until last week, there was no hope for me.  None of the districts were hiring. I kept my faith high, though, as I made my frequent stalking rounds to the area districts' HR sites and kansasteachingjobs.com.  Finally, two districts posted vacancies for math teachers and I jumped at the chance to apply.

Within a couple of days I had three interviews scheduled: two high school positions and one middle school.  My first interview was with a small, but incredibly awesome school district 30 minutes north of Wichita.  I loved everything about this school: the small town feel; community support; and their flexibility.  They offered me a job on the spot... a mere few minutes before I had to head back in to Wichita for my second and third interviews with a district's middle and high school.  Yesterday I got a call back from this district with offers at both!  Three offers in just a few days! God was really providing for me and answering my prayers.  When it rains, it pours!

Anyways, as of yesterday I am a newly minted 7th grade math teacher and the JV Cheerleading coach at the high school! Best of both worlds!  I am BEYOND EXCITED to get back into the classroom and look forward to all the struggle and success in the coming years.

Chad and I both are very fortunate to have jobs in such a tight economic situation and we're praying for our friends that are still looking.  I have full faith that everything works out the way it's supposed to work out... even if it's not the way you wanted it to be.  There's always a silver lining to that dark and ominous cloud.

Now that we have jobs, Chad's checking out a truck to buy this summer (BEWARE: his little brother turns 16 and will be burning up the roads this July in Chad's Camero.  Buckle up and pray!)  While Chad's searching around cars.com and other sites, I'm looking at houses!!

Yesterday was probably one of the best days I've had in a long time (other than my wedding day of course!)

2 comments:

  1. OMG congratulations, cassie! that is wonderful! hopefully your good luck will come my way, too! (interviewing tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! That's great! And good luck to all job seekers- we are all very lucky to be employed right now.

    ReplyDelete