Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Update

Time for my annual post.

This past year has flown by. Between teaching and coaching, I barely have a moment to spare. I love reading about all of your life updates, it's about time I return the favor.

As I mentioned in my last post, my school district adopted a new math curriculum. Although I like our book and all the technology resources that come along with it, I feel like a first year teacher for the second year in a row. Instead of coasting a bit on pre-created resources, we're making everything up from scratch. Needless to say, it's been a year of trials and errors, but overall it's going well.

In addition to a new curriculum, I was promoted to the head varsity cheer coach for the local high school. Between school, practice and traveling (we go to all home/away football and basketball games and cheer at home wrestling meets.)

The spare time I do have is spent with my husband and our two fur children watching tv, playing games or reading a good book.

That's the briefest update possible, but maybe you'll get a couple of pictures in the next post. I hope it won't be over a year from now, but I know myself too well to promise you anything!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god Cassie it sounds like you're so busy!! Wowsa! :-) Hope things are wonderful in your new home and the updates/renovations are coming right along!

    Thinking of you!
    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who you are but thanks for adding my blog to your blog roll! You might find your kids like my new book...if they are young enough, the high school kids won't like it unless they are SPED.

    Crewton Ramone's Completely Cool Curious Counters' Kindergarten Compendium

    There should be some new posts for high school kids shortly.

    Thanks again for adding me.

    ReplyDelete