Friday, April 2, 2010

Movin' on Up... To the West Side?

By now I'm sure most of you have heard either through Facebook or other social media outlets, but Chad and I are moving to Wichita on May 17th!  Chad was offered a job with a fantastic engineering firm last week and he accepted!  This means that both of us had to decline our job offers in Kansas City, but I have full faith that we are doing what's best for both of us.  Not only will Chad be happier with this job, but he'll get to achieve his life goals (becoming a Professional Engineer) sooner.

Today we're heading there directly after Chad finishes his test to complete a whirlwind viewing of various apartments and duplexes in the area so that we can sign a lease and start focusing on wrapping up school.

I have to admit that I am a bit scared.  I'm moving away from everything I know to a city that I've only visited once (twice after today).  And, after talking with the company, Chad feels assured that this has strong potential to be a permanent move.  Although I am scared, I am also incredibly excited to start this new journey where Chad and I get to plant our roots and start a family (not any time soon, but it will happen).

While Chad works this summer, I'll wrap up my last 10 hours of graduate school work, hopefully get back to a more routine workout schedule, and get acquainted with the Wichita area.... oh and look for a job!  Depending on how today goes... we might be adding a furry friend to our family :)  I am SOOOOOOO pumped for that.  I have never had a puppy or a kitten; they've always been older animals.  If that comes to fruition... you'll definitely stay updated :)


Well, I need to run so I can get ready to leave, but I wanted to know what y'all were cooking or planning to do this weekend?  We're unable to go back to KC this weekend, so we'll be having a dinner just the two of us.  I'm thinking: brisket; asparagus; rolls; and some sort of cute dessert.


May the good Lord bless and keep you this beautiful Easter weekend.

All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment